Saturday, September 13, 2008

Home Sweet Home

We got home Wednesday evening (the 10th) at about 6:00. Tami's family came up, picking up Roger's mom on the way, and between them they brought dinner -- a much nicer one than Roger would have gotten otherwise :) We got lots of hugs from Tami's girls!!! It's always nice to know you were missed...!

I took pictures coming up the driveway. Guess this is kind of backwards (starting with the end)! I'm going to put the trip pictures on here by category instead of in chronological order, though, so I guess it doesn't really matter :) It will take me awhile to get through it, so you'll have to be patient with me...
It's always a nice feeling to come around the corner and see the house still standing, as opposed to the way it looked one Sunday a little over 12 years ago....

Now, if I can just finish getting that trailer unloaded....! I have gotten the laundry done, most of the clothes back into the house and the refrigerator emptied, so I'm down to miscellaneous food items, the clothes hanging in the closet and a few other odds & ends. I finally got into town today to buy a few essentials like milk and lettuce. I try to plan the perishable food for the trip so that there's enough to get us from here to Tawni's in Alaska, and the same thing from there to back home. I came out pretty much on the nose with those things.

2 comments:

perkyguy said...

Nice job of blogging, Chris. Since I haven't seen you and Roger in nearly a million years, how about posting a current photo of the two of you?

Chris said...

I've got a couple from the trip that will be showing up on here soon!