And some more.... These guys just don't understand about the need for proper lighting, etc. when someone is taking pictures of them :) You just have to take what you get!
This one had a really nice rack. I got several pictues of him but once again, lighting wasn't in my favor, so this one turned out the best.
Roger saw one bull moose on a narrow road in a break in the trees, but there was no place to park and he was pretty far away. He said it was standing just right, so he could see the antlers. All the rest of the moose were females, or calves. Roger (once again with his sharp "animal spotting" eye) saw these two way off the road. This is another picture where I had to zoom in as far as the camera would go. We had to pull further down the road to find a good stopping place, and when Mom and I walked back, the animals were gone out of sight.
This one was just walking through the fireweed down off the side of the road. After getting some pictures, we pulled ahead a bit so the two vehicles that had stopped behind us could get better pictures. When I looked back, I noticed that the steps on our trailer were still down (we had just made a stop a few miles back), so I got out to go put them up. When I did that, this friendly moose thought I was coming to visit her, I guess -- she started trotting toward me, then kept pace with me as I hurried back to the truck. She wasn't aggressive at all, and stayed down off the road far enough, but I wasn't going to hang around outside to see what would happen!
It was evening here, so the picture is a little dark...

No comments:
Post a Comment