This is the Matanuska Glacier, which we drive by each trip, since it is on the Glenn Highway that goes south toward Anchorage from Glennallen.
I got more pictures of glaciers last year, simply because... I took more pictures of them last year! Here are some from 2007---
These 2 shots are of the Worthington Glacier, on the way to Valdez. You could almost reach out and touch it!
The following pictures are of the Aialik Glacier, which we saw last year when we took a glacier cruise out of Seward with some "old" Navy friends, John & Arlene Jordan, who happened to be in Alaska during the same time we were. This gives you some idea of how huge the glaciers can be.
You can see pieces of the glacier breaking off and hitting the water...

2 comments:
Hey Chris - What's your email address? Mine is on my blog.
I'll send you an e-mail with it
Post a Comment