Just as we were getting ready to leave the house, huge hail started coming down. It only lasted a little bit, though, and so it didn't stop the excursion.
Kylend climbing on a rock at the beach.
The tide was way out, and the sun was shining bright - until just before we left. I didn't have on boots, so just cozied up to a nice big warm rock on the beach that blocked the cold wind, watched the waves and waited them out.
They tried one spot, but decided it wasn't as good as the place they "perched" the day before, so went back to the original spot. It's hard to see them here, but they're coming around the big rock to head back across the tide pools to the sand to go farther down the beach.
There was room for all of them on this rock. They were out there pretty far...I had to really zoom in to get a picture where you could actually pick them out individually.
This was the day's catch on Sunday.
It was too cold (I'm a wimp!) to go out and take pictures of the cleaning, and I didn't get one of the cooked up platter, so you'll just have to believe me when I say that they were really yummy!!

No comments:
Post a Comment